Strength Unto Steadfastness and Patience
- Date: Sunday, February 17, 2019
- Speaker: Chris Greer
- Series: Vision of a Healthy Church
- Category: Sermons
- Scripture: Colossians 1:11, Hebrews 12:1–12:3, James 1:2–1:4, James 5:7–5:11
- Tags: joy, endure, faith, church, patient, patience, Trial, hardship, test, wait, strength, steadfastness, steadfast, consider, persevere, perseverance, strengthened, might, Healthy, endurance, longsuffering
Moral and spiritual strength is ours by the power of God, and the result is steadfastness and patience in trials, just like Jesus demonstrated enduring the cross.
- Steadfastness-bearing up under a load and continuing
- Patience-enduring wrong without retaliation or retreat, not lose heart-longsuffering. Waiting on the Lord.
Paul exhorts us to persevere by God’s strength in hardship, and James highlights how we ought to think about our trials-considering them pure joy because of what they produce. Steadfastness is a stepping stone to perfect completeness.
God has a gift he wants to give you, and it can only come through trials.